Usually when people talk about a film referencing The Bible, it's verses, or any mention of character's love for God/Christ, people state it comes off as "preachy" or it was made my atheists. Uh, excuse me? Not every faith-based or mentioning of religion is a bad thing.
Religion is a part of world's study just like geology, psychology, science and law. I'm mostly more drawn to philosophy, and spirtual sense but even with both studies, it's still useful to adapt a belief in related teachings of religions like Christianity.
I already talked about Protection Of The Lamb in other blogs. That was more reliant on Christian themes, but weren't focused on the stories from The Bible but rather talking animals a few decades after The Revelation. Sort of am animated movie timeline type of feel where yes, like that mediocre Dinosaur movie made by Disney. Taken 65 million years ago, but somehow make them talk.
To be honest, there was a good movie about talking dinosaurs, but that actually had more emotionally meaningful moments. I made another cast of characters and they are noseless cats.
Here's 9 of the characters.
Easy
Muhvallance Salmone
Cheek T. Cheek
Grampa Wellman
Curtis (The Main Leader)
Luma
Barny
Aaron
Judix
I had alot of fun with two characters. One particularly is Judix. Basically a male version of me. Of course, glasses. Now I know where your probably headed with these type of characters. Tend to be more nerdy and stuff. But I do agree, Judix usually delves into special topics to him. Which is what I do too.
He's got a personal journal just like mine that has a cross on the front. And he's left-handed like me as well.
I thought of a cool Curtis scene I sketched of a Psalm verse 119:109, without him saying "I learnt this in The Bible, Psalm states-" Even if not everyone is going to get the reference. In addition, I try to inspire anime + animation combined.
To me, religion is a goal for understanding to encounter God, and accept intellectual and spirtual studies in order to build a more healthier relationship.
This isn't to offend anyone who is non-religious. No I do not believe that every scientists doesn't believe in a God, if they want to study more about the scientifics of the world that's fine by me. But even though when I create characters that have a point of view of something unusual I decide what they think about the circumstances. Here the cats question their lives and want to build their own religion for themselves. Sure this may sound silly if there were real cats, but since I designed these cats as anthropomorphic, and cartoon, this universe has it's own merits and actions just like with other creative licenses.
The studies of Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity and Paganism. Using face masks as their tradition of celebrating ancestors, God and natural spirits.
They however have mixed feelings on their perspective towards predators that like to hunt them, but also use their face masks as secret disguises.
The last detail I would like to address is the whole cat crew and this particular scene I made possible of the dinner table. This is meant for being a praying scene as they pray to their Lord for all the small battles, friendship and gifts they received and presevered. Curtis mainly praising out loud, and the other cats all say Amen.
Hopefully you like this project so far. I'll have more sketches coming soon also posting them onto the drawing blog as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment